Welcome to Class 2!
Welcome to Class 2. My name is Miss Walker & I am the class teacher. Mrs Watt is our teaching assistant. I am in class every day, except for Thursday afternoons, when Mrs Watt takes the class. We are very pleased to welcome you to Class 2 and we are looking forward to the exciting learning journey that we will make together this year. Class 2 is a mixed age year group with 15 Year 1 children and 15 of our new Reception children. You may have already seen from our class video on Seesaw that we have lots of opportunities for play based learning throughout class 2, with all of our areas of Continuous Provision, and our amazing outdoor classroom. You can keep up to date with some of the activities your child has been doing in class using Seesaw, and you can add your own home learning photos from using the student access.
If you have any questions or need to talk to me, then please don't hesitate to contact me.
- PE day is Friday. Please send in your child wearing the correct school PE kit.
- Please send in pumps in a pump bag to be kept in school.
- Please send in a pair of wellies that can be kept in school - write your child's name on the inside please.
- Please ensure that ALL items of clothing are named - jumpers, cardigans, coats, shoes.
- Please remember that only tap water is permitted in water bottles (not juice or flavoured waters).
- If you want your child to have toast in the mornings, then please send in toast money on a Monday for the week - £1 for the week. This will allow us to make sure we have the correct amount of toast each day. Please don't send in more than £1 as unfortunately I cannot accept money for more that 1 week at a time.
Class 2 Newsletter 2021 Autumn A
Year 1 Mathematics
Here is a parent friendly guide for the Mathematics skills which are taught in Year 1. We are hoping you will find this useful to support any additional Maths work you are doing with your child.