Getting Ready for School
School uniform is an essential part of school and helps your child understand that they now belong to our Fulwood and Cadley family. Your child will need their school uniform for when they start school during the Autumn Term. Our uniform is available from Smart School Outfitters, 54 Lancaster Road, Preston.
All our pupils wear the following uniform:
* Please note that the Navy Blue School hoodie cannot be worn as a school jumper. This is an optional part of the outdoor PE kit.
PLEASE NAME ALL ITEMS OF CLOTHING
It is essential that all items of clothing are clearly named, this includes pumps, shoes, coats, gloves etc... You can either buy iron on or stitch in name labels or you can simply write their name on the clothing label with pen. Shoe labels can also be purchased to stick inside shoes and pumps. You must label everything. We can not stress this enough!
“Imagine 30 children with the same uniform getting changed for PE in one room – if you want their clothes that you bought to come home then please label, label, label!”
- Children’s hairstyles should be appropriate for school.
- It is not permitted to have designs shaved into very short haircuts.
- Children with hair longer than shoulder length must have their hair tied back with a suitable small hair accessory.
- Longer hair should always be tied back for the health and safety of children during class lessons and during PE. It is also a measure put in place to prevent the spread of headlice in the school.
- Brightly coloured hair accessories must not be worn in school. Only small, navy accessories are permitted.
- No jewellery is to be worn in school. This is for health and safety reasons.
- Earrings are not permitted.
- Children may wear a suitable wristwatch.
- Parents are requested to have their children’s ears pierced at the beginning of the Summer Holiday so that they have healed for the start of the new school year.
- Book bags with our school logo are available from Smart School outfitters.
- Children in Years Reception, 1 and 2 must bring a school book bag to school (not the school backpack)
- These bags are vital for bringing things into school and taking them homes such as letters, pictures, school library books and reading books.
- Please help your child to remember to bring their book bag to school every day.
- Please ensure their bag is clearly named, as every child in school has the same bag!
- We do allow keyrings to be placed onto the bag as this helps to personalise them.
Things to bring to School
- Suitable coat - nothing too special as it is likely to get sandy, muddy or wet.
- Hats, scarves and gloves
- A water bottle
- Book bag – this will need to bring their reading record and reading book home and back to school each day.
- Please put spare socks, knickers/underpants and school skirt/trousers in your child’s book bag. Accidents do happen or your child may fall over.
- Wellingtons (named) to stay in school.
PLEASE NAME EVERYTHING!
- Sun hats and sun cream (during the sunny weather)