Working together: Parents as Partners
We recognise the important role that you play in your child’s development and, as a primary care provider, you are your child’s first educator. Therefore, we greatly value any input, opinions and information you can share with us about your child’s development, learning and progress. We believe that it is important to gather as much of this information about your child before they start their journey with us and we do this through liaising with yourselves and your child’s preschool provider as well as asking you to also complete and ‘All about me’ booklet with your child to outline their personal likes and dislikes. We ask that you bring the ‘All about me’ booklet into school when your child visits on one of their induction visits. Staff will be contacting your child’s preschool provider over the next month to gather information about their learning etc..
When your child enters their reception year, we will start a ‘Learning Journey’ for them, which will include evidence collated throughout the year of their learning and personal achievements both inside and outside of school. We will send out further information regarding this during the Autumn Term.
Throughout the year, we provide a number of opportunities for parents and carers to take an active part in their child’s education. These include:
- Stay and play sessions (classes 1 & 2 only)
- Class parental events to share outcomes of topics covered.
- Parent’s evenings
- Sporting Events - sports day
- PTA social events
- Key Stage Shows eg EYFS & KS1 Christmas Production
- Community events to develop the school grounds
We also keep in regular contact with you in order to update you on our school news and to celebrate learning and achievements through…
- Fortnightly newsletters - these will be accessed via the school website.
- Parent texts and emails - please make sure the school office has your up to date mobile number and email address as these are our main methods of communication.
- Facebook - to keep you informed about learning taking place in class as well as events and news.
- The school website - key information is available here and you can also find all the information that has been sent home for new reception starters on here as well.
- Class emails – please ensure that school has your email address. You will also be able to contact your child’s class teacher directly through their class email.
- Seesaw – we communicate directly with families through the seesaw family app. You are also able to contact us through this messaging service as well. Login details will be sent out for seesaw before your child starts school.
- Headteacher Updates – weekly updates which are posted every Friday on our school Facebook page.
Our family ethos is central to our school and as such, we encourage you to meet with staff to discuss any concerns that you might have at the earliest opportunity. You can speak to Mrs. McGown or Mrs. Smith in the office to arrange an appointment with your child’s teacher.