Free School Meals
As you may be aware, all children in reception, Year 1 and Year 2 are entitled to a free school meal under the current government scheme. However, even though your child is entitled to a free school meal if you are in receipt of the following benefits.
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
…then please click on the link https://www.gov.uk/apply-free-school-meals which will take you to the Government site and you can check if you are eligible for free school meals.
If you are eligible, our school will be entitled to additional funding under Pupil Premium.
We strongly recommend that you apply for free school meals for your child if you are eligible and information regarding how we use our pupil premium money is available on our school website.