Welcome to Class 3!
Please feel free to contact me about any concerns or to pass on any messages. You can do this via email email@example.com or using the messages on seesaw in the family access.
A message from you new teacher - Mrs Gill
Welcome to Class 3. I'm Mrs Gill, the class teacher, and our teaching assistants are Mrs Latus and Mrs Iley. I am in class all day on a Monday and Tuesday and in the mornings on a Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Mrs Latus and Mrs Iley teach class 3 on the afternoons when I am not class based covering PE, RE and PSHE. We are so pleased to welcome you to class 3 and we are looking forward to the exciting journey that we will take together this year. We have lots of opportunities for continuous provision within our areas in the classroom and we are very excited about the development of our outdoor area this year, which will increase our outdoor learning experiences. Building work is currently underway and soon the children will be able to access direct access into class 3 through this area in a morning and be dismissed from here at the end of the school day. You can keep up to date with what your child has been doing in class using the family access on Seesaw and you can add your own photos from home using the student access. All children have been given a family access code and a home learning code. You will need to use both to access all the messages from myself and to add your own things from home.
If you have any questions or need to talk to me about anything then please do not hesitate to contact me.
Myself, Mrs Latus and Mrs Iley are excited about the year ahead and the journey we will take together.
- PE days are on a Wednesday and Friday so please send your child in their PE kit.
- Please send in pumps and spare underwear/uniform in their pump bag to be kept in school.
- Please send in a pair of wellies (named) that can be kept in school.
- Please name jumpers, coats and PE hoodies - and anything else that might be taken off!
- Please send in a named water bottle.
- If possible, please send toast money in on a Monday for the week - £1 for the week. This will allow us to make sure that we have the right amount of toast everyday.
Class 3 Topic and subject overview for the year
Year 1 Mathematics
Here is a parent friendly guide for the Mathematics skills which are taught in Year 1. We are hoping you will find this useful to support any additional Maths work you are doing with your child.